An Educator's Guide to The Nation's Report Card
As an educator, you play a critical role in The Nation's Report Card. If you have participated in a NAEP assessment in the past, we thank you for your support. It is through your participation and interest that NAEP can be an accurate gauge of the progress of the nation's students.
In this section, you will find
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), chosen to address some of the questions and concerns you might have as an educator, and
- Contacts, in case you have further questions about the assessment.
To examine the assessments in greater detail, explore the Downloads and Tools page where you will find links to the following:
- Frameworks, the blueprints on which the content of the assessment is based;
- State Profiles, a tool to help you explore the performance of students in your state;
- NAEP Questions Tool, which contains more than 1,600 actual questions, answers, scoring guides, and question-level data from the NAEP assessments; and
- Assessment Procedures pages for reading and mathematics discuss the sampling, data collection, data analysis, and reporting procedures used by the NAEP program.
Additional subject-specific information is available on the NAEP website. This site contains information about who participated in the assessment, how the assessment was developed, and what is measured by the assessment.
We want you to be well informed about The Nation's Report Card.